I am very proud to announce that this blog has been nominated for a Liebster Award. This is awarded for recognition for new blogs, and I am really happy just to be nominated. I would like to give a big thanks to my friend Wings from Ravenclaw for the nomination, you can find her blog at http://justanotherbookishblog.blogspot.nl
1) Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you. Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
2) Nominate 10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
3) Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
4) Answer the ten questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make ten questions of your own for your nominees.
5) Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
So my 5 nominations are (I don’t really follow that many blogs, so I struggled to find 10):
Here are the 10 questions I was asked by Wings, and my answers:
- What is your favourite book that has a blue spine? Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling.
- How do you react to people interrupting your reading time? I get very annoyed.
- Favourite bookish quote? “Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
- Do you own any bookish items that is not a book, bookmark, e-reader, light, etc… (eg. poster, mug, book sculpture? Harry potter items, etc…)? I have so many I loose track. People buy me bookmarks all the time so I have loads of those, plus several Harry Potter items. And I have an e-reader.
- What is your favourite season and why? Summer, because I love being warm, and hate being cold.
- What is your opinion on readers (kindle, for example)? I think they are good. A real book will always be better, but readers offer cheaper/free books making them more accessible and they save a lot of space.
- One place and time you would love to be at right now? In bed at 2am.
- Go to your shelf, close your eyes, spin around, and pick a book at total random. What is it? What’s your story about it? Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink. You’ll have to wait to find out about it as I am planning a post about it on my blog.
- Pink or blue? Blue.
- Is the glass half empty or half full? It depends on what mood I’m in.
My 10 questions are (with my answers in the brackets):
1) Which author would you most like to meet? (JK Rowling)
2) Where would you most like to live? (Edinburgh)
3) What is your most favourite instrument? (Either the piano or bagpipes)
4) What book are you currently reading? (Abhorsen by Garth Nix)
5) What is the furthest away from home you’ve been? (Omeo, in VIC Australia)
6) What was the last movie you watched? (Judge Dredd)
7) What was the last song you listened to? (The Heart Asks Pleasure First)
8) Where would you like to go on holiday? (Japan)
9) What is your favourite sport? (Surfing)
10) Is Neville Longbottom cool? (YES!)
Thanks again to Wings for the nomination.