This is part two of my Harry Potter facts, where I’m going to concentrate on the movies, and just as before; if you notice any mistakes just let me know and I will correct them.
1) Alan Rickman, who played Professor Snape, was the only actor who knew what would happen to his character before the last book was released, after JK Rowling told him.
2) During the filming of The Chamber of Secrets there was an outbreak of lice on set amongst the child members of cast.
3) Tom Felton originally auditioned for the parts of both Harry and Ron, but as we know he was cast as Draco Malfoy instead.
4) Hagrid’s well known for carrying anything and everything in the pockets of his coat, but during filming Robbie Coltrane (the actor who plays Hagrid) got a mini fan and a fruit bat, amongst other things, stuck in his beard.
5) Rupert Grint (Ron) was sent off set for laughing too much at Daniel Radcliffe (Harry) and Emma Watson (Hermione) during their kissing scene in The Deathly Hallows (the scene where Ron destroys the locket).
6) Tom Felton’s pockets had to be sewn shut during the filming of The Prisoner of Azkaban to stop him sneaking food on set.
7) One of the flying cars from The Chamber of Secrets was stolen, and found 7 months later after an anonymous tip off.
8) If you look carefully at the Quidditch trophy in The Philosophers Stone you’ll see that there is an M. McGonagall next to James Potter’s name.
9) During the filming of The Deathly Hallows Part One there were 40 different lockets made simply to destroy.
10) When filming began on The Prisoner of Azkaban began, the director asked Dan, Rupert, and Emma to write an essay about their characters. True to their characters, Emma wrote a 16 page essay, Dan wrote a 1 page essay, while Rupert didn’t bother doing one.
11) Dan and Rupert have both admitted to having a crush on Emma when they were younger.
12) Thousands of hand written letters were created for Owls to carry, but they then found out there were too heavy so they had to make them all again. Even then it took six months to train the owls to carry them.
13) The doors to the vaults at Gringotts are real. It took 3 months just to make the ones for the Lestrange vaults.
14) There were over 20,000 goods on display in Diagon Alley shop windows.
15) Dobby’s ears were based on a dog called Max, who belongs to one of the designers, and sat under their desk in the studios.
16) Only one staircase was built for the inside of Hogwarts, the rest were computer generated.
17) Most of the Hogwarts portraits are based on cast and crew.
18) Over 1000 potions are on display in the potions classroom, each with something inside and it’s own label.
19) The potions you see being drunk are actually soup.
20) Most of the books in Dumbledore’s office are old phone books made to look like library books.
21) The hands on Mrs. Weasley’s clock are actually scissors, with photos in the finger holes.
22) Over 40 cats were used for Umbridge office, and all were adopted afterwards without the owners knowing that their new pet was a movie star.
23) The Knight Bus was so heavy it need 4 tons of counter balance to stop it falling over, and whole areas of London had to be closed for filming it.
24) Each Wizard Chess piece weighed over 500 pounds.
25) Over 60 different Goblin masks were made for the Gringotts Goblins.
I still have more Harry Potter facts to share with you guys, so there’ll be more posts like this to come. I hope you enjoy them.
“Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts.” Paramahansa Yoganada.